Monday, October 20, 2008

The Teachers' Views of Education

In my entry The Politics of Education, my teacher, Mr. Miller, left me a comment with a link to site that he thought that I should check out. It's called SupportBlogging.com which is full of blogs by teachers, principals, students, and parents about educational issues. I was looking through the blogs by teachers and found a blog written by a teacher named Mimi. In her blog, It's Not All Flowers and Sausages, she "vents" about her day and about all of the drama going on in school and with her co-workers. One of her entries is called, Parents Say the Darndest Things. She talks all about how parents don't want to hear that their kids aren't doing well and make up excuses. I rather enjoyed the conversation she had with the first parent about the Harry Potter book. My mom works at an elementary school as a special education aide and she hears this stuff all of the time so I have a feel for what she is saying and I know my mom would appreciate it. I know I'm going to keep on reading this blog. It gives me a sense of what teachers are thinking and that they have feeligns too!

No comments: