Friday, January 9, 2009

The Struggle of an Online Project

So, I have been working on this project for about a month now and I am having a bit of trouble. At first everything was going great; I had started getting submissions from people right off the bat and a lot of my friends (about 60) joined my group on Facebook. I was all excited because I thought I was going to get a bunch of submissions but after the first few days, no one seemed to really be interested anymore. I would get posts on my Facebook group from people telling me they had a bunch of stuff to send me and now it's about a month later and I've recieved very few submissions. Because of this, I decided to email the advisor of the literary magazine at my school to see if the people who send submissions to her would like to send submissions to me.

For my frontpage, I wanted to write about a new artist (known, unknown, famous, local, etc.) to get the word out there. I emailed this musician that I found on You Tube. He is amazing and I really want to do a write up about him. He emailed me back all excited and asked if I had any specific questions for him. I sent him some questions; it's been 4 days and I still haven't heard anything back from him.

I learned that I can't always rely on other people for my project. I have to make things work and figure out for myself what to do to make that happen.

No comments: