Tuesday, December 9, 2008

New Project

When I graduate college, I really want to write for a magazine...maybe eventually become editor of my own. I would really like to write for a fashion magazine or some type of literary magazine. For my final project for my journalism class, I would like to create some type of online magazine and find some way to gain traffic to my site.

I went on Yahoo! and searched "online magazines" and found a site called Magatopia. This site contains many links to all different websites of magazines. I looked at some of the websites that I would be interested in (Seventeen, Cosmo Girl, and Elle). These sites contain a variety of different applications ranging from quizzes, advice, fashion, celebrity news, and games. I think that this may be a little difficult for me to put together a site like this in such a short amount of time. I think I am going to go more of the literary magazine root and obtain works of art from people I know or maybe who I don't know.

Now I have to figure out how to make this website. I'm not really sure how to and I've never done it before. I've made a wikipage and a blog but nothing with links or anything that would really bring in traffic. I'll probably have to search for a site to find a free website maker.

No comments: