Thursday, December 4, 2008

Podcasting This I Believe

I finally finished my essay and I think that it is some what decent. As anyone can tell from some of my previous entries, I had an extremely difficult time starting this essay. I really couldn't think of any kind of idea. Everything I thought about seemed too juvenile or cliche to me; i felt like I could come up with a better topic. What I did come up with was how I had an experience that caused me not to trust people and how I eventually overcame that distrust.

It's not my best work but I guess I'll have to deal since I already recorded it. Yes, you read correctly, the whole class was asked to record our essays for the world to hear (well, maybe not the world but you catch my drift). I really hate my voice when I hear it on recordings or videos; I feel like I sound nasally and monotonous. It was a little hard to record it because I felt like I was stumbling on my words but the recording turned out to be something that I wouldn't mind sharing with other people.

The next step is uploading our recordings onto a page for another class of students, doing the same assignment, to listen to. We will also get a chance to listen to their essays and compare them with our own. I hope I get some good feedback on my essay/podcast; I'm really interested in finding out what people I don't know think of it.

No comments: